Learn to Sketch inside the Museum
Still life is one of the oldest and most popular subjects for learning the skills of drawing and painting. It fosters looking and seeing like an artist – building an awareness of outline, shape, proportions, color, tone, texture, form, and composition.
Hill-Stead’s new sketching series will teach these drawing techniques in a five-step approach, using the collection and beautiful interiors of the museum as the muse. Each session will focus on a new technique and take place within different areas of the historic house.
This unique experience is unlike drawing in large and new gallery spaces of other museums. At Hill-Stead you will be surrounded by original objects and artifacts in an intimate period setting.
- Mondays from 2 to 4 pm
- February 5, 12, 19, 26 & March 5.
- Members: $35 for the series (5 sessions)
- Non-members: $75 for the series (5 sessions). Not a member? Join Now!
- Seating is limited seating and subject to availability.
- Pre-registration and advance payment are required.
- Registration deadline is by January 29.
- Drawing boards and stools provided; drawing supplies available in the museum shop.
For additional courses, see Sketching@Hillstead.org
For tickets and more information visit hillstead.org or call (860)677-4784.