On the first Sunday of every month, families are invited to explore Hill-Stead
Take part in these First Sundays for Families activities!
- Self-serve art supplies and activities in the Education Station.
- Free self-serve crafts for all ages.
- Explorer Backpacks will also be available during regular museum hours from April through October.
- Self-guided tours run from 1 to 4 pm. Browse the collection at your own pace and engage in the ever-popular scavenger hunt challenge.
- Enjoy beautiful melodies on the Steinway piano as you tour the house between 1 and 4 pm.
- Romp in Hill-Stead’s own natural playground of hiking trails, gardens and walking paths.
- Purchase a treasure in our Museum Shop, stocked with art supplies, toys, children’s books and much more.
Free with Museum admission or membership.
Admission to the house: $15 adults; $12 seniors and students; $8 for children 6 to 12; free for members and children under 6.