35 Mountain Rd
Farmington, CT 06032
Learn to Sketch inside the Museum
Still life is one of the oldest and most popular subjects for learning the skills of drawing and painting. It fosters looking and seeing like an artist – building an awareness of outline, shape, proportions, color, tone, texture, form, and composition.
Hill-Stead’s new sketching series will teach these drawing techniques in a five-step approach, using the collection and beautiful interiors of the museum as the muse. Each session will focus on a new technique and take place within different areas of the historic house.
This unique experience is unlike drawing in large and new gallery spaces of other museums. At Hill-Stead you will be surrounded by original objects and artifacts in an intimate period setting.
- Mondays from 2 to 4 pm
- October 23 & 30, November 6, 13 & 27
- Members: $35 for the series (5 sessions)
- Non-members: $75 for the series (5 sessions).
- Seating is limited seating and subject to availability.
- Pre-registration and advance payment are required.
- Registration deadline is October 16.
- Drawing boards and stools provided; drawing supplies available in the museum shop.
For tickets and more information please vitsit hillstead.org or call (860)677-4787.