35 Mountain Rd
Farmington, CT 06032
Summer Vacation Workshop Week 3 — TWO MUSEUMS IN ONE — Stanley Whitman House and Hill-Stead Museum!
Summer Vacation Workshops promote the exploration of art and life, inside and out. Each week features hands-on activities where kids learn about art and architecture and create their own masterpieces. Games, outdoor exploration and plenty of time for fun.
It’s the perfect solution for school break boredom and families looking for a full-day experience!
Day 1 Architecture, Colonial vs. Colonial Revival — assembly required!
Day 2 Gardens and Creatures — garden gloves optional
Day 3 Artifacts, Behind the Scenes — visit the attics of both museums
Day 4 Weaving with Wool — meet the sheep
Schedule and details
- Summer vacation workshops for kids ages 6 to 12.
- 8:30 am drop off at Stanley Whitman House.
- 3:30 pm pick up at HIll-Stead Museum.
- Bring your own bag lunch.
- A light snack and juice will be provided.
- Homeschoolers welcome!
- Family/Grandparent Members, $230 per session; all others, $270 per session. Not a member? Join Now. All non-members who register for a workshop receive a FREE 1-year Family Membership ($75 Value)!
- Space is limited and registrations are processed on a first come, first confirmed basis, so register today!
- Program registration must be received by July 1. so register today!
- Cancellations with at least 48 hours notice will receive a refund.
- Museum staff reserves the right to cancel classes for insufficient enrollment. You will be notified at least three working days in advance if I program is canceled.
- Please contact Julie Weaver with any questions, [email protected] or 860.677.4787 x140.
Summer on the Hill Workshops are designed for children ages 6 – 12 to promote the exploration of art and life, inside and out. For additional sessions, see Vacation Workshops.